Incidents of an aimless mind.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2nd Anniversary - A journal entry

April 26th, 2009

2pm - Thank you so much for checking us in early! We knew what to expect this year and like school children filled with giddy, we paid no mind to time. After arriving to town we made a bee line for the Munchen Haus, my husbands favorite. Then straight to the lodge! This year we are doubly spoiling ourselves in the Cascade Suite.

Worth every penny! We are now eagerly biding our time till Tom’s feast this evening. I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited for food.

9pm – Is there anything more blissful than napping to Tommy Dorsey and Sinatra? If so, I’m sure it too will be found here that the Mountain Home Lodge.

After a quick shower, I slipped into my new Alice and Olivia dress. (If I am to rival this beautiful setting, this dress will be key.) Then it is off to dinner where Chef Tom spoiled us with fresh Atlantic salmon covered in a lemon burre blanc, jasmine rice and vanilla glazed carrots. He then topped that by serving a flourless chocolate torte topped with freshly made whipped cream. I could die happy right now.

April 27th, 2009

8pm – Aaaagh, another fantastic day! This morning Chef Tom started us out on the right foot with a delicious eggs benedict. Remembering that I’m a vegetarian, he placed my eggs over some lovely asparagus. We then scurried off for a morning hike with the neighboring pups. Even old Bailey joined us for the first bit. After a quick shower we headed out for a drive and to stop in to town at Schocolat per Brad’s recommendation. –This is a must! – I’ve never tasted chocolates so fine. I just don’t thing 24 pieces is enough.

For dinner this evening, we opted for Viscontes, another gem of a find. For now, it is off to the hot tub and then into bed. Mountain Home Lodge truly is a 1000ft closer to heaven.

April 28th, 2009

11am – I am fairly certain that Chef Tom tried to kill us with French toast this morning. Why else would you make it with croissants? We did manage to hobble off for a little hike, despite being stuffed to the gills with gooey goodness. Sherman, Charlie and Winston (the lodge pups) were kind enough to accompany us again.

We now have the truck pack up, so with heavy hearts and rested souls we say fair well for another year.

A special thank you to Brand, Kathy and Chef Tom for another magical anniversary, you are among the best at what you do.

Jennifer and Scott

0 thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP