7 ounces (14 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt
1 tablespoon dried lavender
zest from one lemon
1.5 cups & 1.5 tablespoons plain flour
3 tablespoons cornstarch
What to do:
1) Sift flour and cornstarch, set aside.
2) With an electric mixer, beat butter on medium speed until smooth, add icing sugar and beat until well blended.
3) Beat in the egg yolk, followed by salt, dried lavender and lemon zest.
4) Add the flour mixture and blend with a spatula. Mix just until flour is incorporated.
5) Gather dough to form a ball, divide in half and wrap each piece in plastic wrap. Chill dough for 30 minutes in refrigerator.
6) Form each piece of dough into a log that is about 1 to 1 1/4" in diameter. Wrap logs in plastic wrap and chill dough for at least 2 hours in refrigerator or leave overnight. (Dough logs can be wrapped airtight and kept refrigerated for up to 3 days or stored in freezer for up to 1 month.)
7) When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Once the oven is ready, slice the log into 1/4" thick and place on a lined baking sheet with 1/2" interval.
8) Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the cookies are set but not brown. Transfer to wire rack and let cool completely.
Courtesy of Happy Home Baking