Incidents of an aimless mind.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Coupon Crazy

Just six short months ago I wouldn't have recognized a coupon if it landed on me. Grocery budget, what's that? In fact, it was purely out of curiosity and desire to know what a 'normal' grocery budget should be, that I stumbled across The Grocery Game that fateful day.

The Grocery Game is a website that was founded in 2000 by Teri Gault out of a passion for saving money, on what is for most families, the seconded largest monthly bill. Teri has best been described as a broker for grocery deals. By subscribing to her site you will have inside information on which deals to grab and which to pass on. How do they know? Years of tracking and analyzing pricing trends on thousands of products in stores all over the country.

Since first starting the Grocery Game I have managed reduce my grocery expenses by half. This is quiet a feat considering I am bringing home double the amount of products I would have in the past.

There are many misconceptions about shopping with coupons. Namely, that one must eat boxed goods in order to use coupons effectively. Not true! You do not need to change what you buy, just when you buy it. Even with my savings, I still manage to stay true to my brand snob ways. Lets face it somethings, like peanut butter or toilet paper, are just not negotiable.

The other huge benefits is that now I typically only need to go to the store once a week, as opposed to the daily errand it used to be. Our house has become mini convenience store. I'm fairly sure we will never run out of deodorant again, a very reassuring feeling.

The other beautiful thing about the Grocery Game is that you can make you can make it as easy or as involved as you want. The bottom line is, you are saving money and who isn't down with that?

0 thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP