Incidents of an aimless mind.

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Something about Sundays

Just because the week is a bit haywire doesn't mean we get to skip Sunday breakfast. I put Dad to work at the skillet bright and early this morning making his famous whiskey pancakes. They are delish!


Turns out there isn't really a recipe, he kinda follows what's on the back of the Hungry Jack box. Since I didn't have any packaged pancake mix I combined the dry half of my recipe and handed it over.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Dad then added 2 eggs, a liberal dose of real vanilla, 2 cups of milk (give or take), a shot of corn oil, plus a shot and a half of rye whiskey. He says the amounts vary according to how "saucy" you feel, but insists that a thin batter is the way to go to get that light fluffy cake that is ideal for mopping up maximum butter and syrup.

2 thoughts:

Anonymous,  July 19, 2009 at 1:24 PM  

That will put some pep in your step on a Sunday morning! It sounds like a great idea and I can't believe I have never thought of that. Thanks for sharing. Happy Sunday.

Kristen July 19, 2009 at 3:52 PM  

I'm all over that! Thanks :)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP