Incidents of an aimless mind.

Sunday, July 12, 2009

this little fish went to the market

I adore a farmers market. Perhaps because it reminds me of my summers on the farm. No, I'm serious, I really did spend my childhood summers on a farm. Every summer, my brother and I flew to Minnesota to spend time with our grandma. Those hours spent shelling peas while watching the Twins play will always be treasure memories.
However that is just the tip of the iceberg that is my love of the market, here are the others:

  • Market produce is local produce. Keeping your dollars nearby increases the likelyhood they will come back to you.
  • Market produce is healthy, for you and the earth. Not only are you going to find organics but because they haven't been truck all over the country (or world) they are fresher and there is no wasted fuel to be concerned with.
  • A lot of green for a little green. Prices always amaze me, especially if you are there toward the end of the day. If one both is more expensive, just meander on to the next one.

Here's what I ran away with today, for just $20...and half of that was the fresh local ricotta and queso de oveja.

2 thoughts:

Kristen July 12, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

lol; don't get me started on my Maine girl farm stories :)

Love your finds, though, and you've reminded me I need to find a farmer's market soon.

The cheese, by the way, is making me drool!

lilminnow July 13, 2009 at 11:00 AM  

You know I'd love to hear them!

Thanks for all your comments, it feels great to know you are enjoying the site. =)

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP