Incidents of an aimless mind.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Tuesday Night Delight

Last night I made a fantastic dish from my new cookbook that I just had to share.

Tomato & Mango Salad with Curry Orange Vinaigrette

What you need:

1 cup fresh orange juice
1 tablespoon oil
1 teaspoon curry powder
salt to taste
3 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into 3/4-inch-thick wedges
2 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick strips
10 small mint leaves, slivered

What to do:
Bring the orange juice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce the heat to medium, and cook until reduced to 3 tablespoons. Remove from heat. Stir in oil, curry powder, and salt. Cool to room temperature. Divide the tomato wedges and mango strips among salad plates. Drizzle evenly with dressing; sprinkle with mint.

Now of course I never follow the rules, so here are my alterations: I used 3 mangoes and 4 tomatoes. I didn't core them, just chopped, then everything went into a bowl. The extra liquid stretched the dressing just enough.

With the salad we had some fresh grilled flat bread and chipotle hummus. The combination was wonderfully dynamic and surprisingly filling.

0 thoughts:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP